Sunday 9 October 2011

Curse of Christmas

Even though we are 10? 11? weeks away from Christmas, I'm already starting to feel the inevitable panic, and 'buy! buy! buy!' screams inside my head. What if I'm snowed in, I MUST be prepared and organised surely? There's something about Christmas that evokes irrational thought processes and, at times, rubbish present buying. Why are people who you see and speak to all year round suddenly so damn hard to buy for? I'm flummoxed by the sheer choice on the internet and flustered by my indecisiveness in shops. I sincerely hope I'm not the only one. I know the old lines, 'it's the thought that counts', or 'I don't want anything, really!' but they do nothing to rid me of my festive unease. People pleasing is hard.

Now, back to vaguely thinking of merry little parcels of joy. Or mediocre tat in my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment