Monday 15 November 2010

The joy of reading?

For months, I've been struggling to pick up a book and read for the sheer enjoyment. Probably seems quite contradictory considering my first post. I like to think that I'm an avid reader, but recently the desire just hasn't been there. I've got a number of books stacked next to my bed that I just can't bring myself to pick up and start reading. I think it's mainly to do with finishing university in the summer, the fact that I haven't had a set itinerary with things that I HAVE to read. Maybe it's been a bit of a rebellion, knowing that I don't have to read something that has been thrust upon me. Still, it was a bit of a worrying rebellion even for me. Perhaps it was airing more on the side of laziness.

But two days ago, I decided to re-read the final Harry Potter book in anticipation of the film coming out. (I'm a Potter enthusiast to say the least). Unsurprisingly, I completed the book at speed, seemingly giving me the kickstart I needed. God bless J.K. Rowling.

Give it time, I'll be talking about Potter at great length.

No comments:

Post a Comment